Cost of Living:
Shops & Banks:
I found this to be a very interesting course with a number of diversities possible to take throughout the four years, leading to a final year in a specific field of interest.
My choice of diversification followed the following:
- Biological Chemistry
- Environment and Community Biology
- Medical Biology
- Molecules and Cells
- Origin and Diversity of Life
- Genes and Gene Action
- Human and Mammalian Physiology
- Microorganisms, Cells and Immunity
- Neuroscience with Pharmacology
- Brain and Behaviour
- Mechanisms of Brain Development
- Medical Microbiology
- Reproductive Biology
- Control Mechanisms in RB
- Experimental Systems in RB
- Implantation to Parturition
- Manipulation of Fertility
- Prof skills in RB
- Reproductive Biology Core
- Reproductive Biology Project
- Reproductive Biology Project Planning and Practical Skills
- Reproductive Biology Synoptic
This choice of topics gave me a BSc Hons Reproductive Biology.
Edinburgh university also has one of the best student networks in terms of clubs, sports and societies and the city itself has an amazing atmosphere for partying and socialising.
I made full use of the tennis, skydiving and weight lifting clubs and found a variety of other clubs also highly appealing, it was just a matter of not having enough time to make it to all of them!
I would thoroughly recommend the university and the course and I believe it is truly an exceptional academic institution that offers far more than a good degree. It offers a platform upon which you will build your future and also make some great friends for life.
Written by inmate12 on 11th Aug 2008